Auto Expo 2020: MG RC6 sedan showcased
- MG Motor, which until now has focused only on UVs in India, has showcased its first sedan at Auto Expo 2020.
- The MG RC6 is a unique take on the otherwise shrinking D-sedan segment – it’s a 4-door with a sweeping coupe-like roofline and a jacked-up stance for better ingress/ egress and superior ground clearance.
- This vehicle is 4,925 mm long, which makes it quite substantial by its segment standards. For comparison, the Honda Civic, which rivals this MG car, is only 4,656 mm long!
- On the inside, the RC6 has a simplistic dashboard with wide dual displays, one each for the driver and infotainment. As with other MGs, connected features abundant here.
- Expected to be powered by a 1.5-litre turbo petrol engine which also powers the Hector, the RC6 could be launched in India by March 2021.