Auto Expo 2020: Second-gen Hyundai Creta unveiled
- The second-generation 2020 Hyundai Creta has seen its Indian debut at Auto Expo 2020. It will be launched in March 2020 for an expected price of Rs 10-16 lakh ex-showroom.
- Basically the India-spec version of the Chinese Hyundai ix25, the 2020 Creta is a big departure from the outgoing model in terms of design. The former is a lot more radical and is bound to divide opinions with its split headlamps & tail lights, as well as that bold new cascading grille.
- The good news is that the 2020 model is marginally larger than the first-gen version and it sits on a longer wheelbase as well, which theoretically means that it should have a roomier interior.
- Talking of the interior, Hyundai hasn’t been officially revealed it as of now. However, when compared to the ix25’s minimalist dashboard with a vertically positioned 10.25-inch infotainment display, the Creta will get a smaller infotainment display and a different centre console design.
- It should be noted that the new Creta is the sister model of the Kia Seltos, and therefore, the latter’s wide range of engine options (1.5 petrol, 1.5 diesel, 1.4 turbo petrol) are very likely to be carried on to former.