Auto Expo 2020: Tata HBX micro SUV concept unveiled
- Tata Motors has revealed the HBX concept at the ongoing 2020 Auto Expo. It’s a more matured version of the H2X concept which was displayed in Geneva last year.
- The Tata HBX previews a micro SUV that will compete with the Mahindra KUV100, which is a segment above the Maruti S-Presso and Renault Kwid. It is confirmed to be a petrol-only offering.
- Design-wise, it borrows a lot form the Tata’s current lineup. It has Harrier-like split-headlamps along with the characteristic ‘Humanity Line’ design element. The rear of the HBX has sharp creases along with small yet funky tail lamps.
- This concept SUV is 3,840 mm long, 1,822 mm wide and 1,635 mm tall, with a wheelbase of 2,450 mm. It’s based on Tata’s ALFA modular architecture, just like the Altroz.
- The Tata HBX will likely launch in India by the end of this year, however, there is no official word on the same.