Bajaj Chetak electric launched at Rs 1 lakh
- The reborn, all-electric Bajaj Chetak has been launched in India at Rs 1 lakh for the Urbane variant and Rs 1.15 lakh for the Premium variant, both prices ex-showroom. It’s currently only available in Pune and Bengaluru.
- The 2020 Chetak uses an electric motor with a peak power of 4.1 kW (~5.5 bhp) and a torque output of 16 Nm. It is mated to an automated transmission which, through its ‘Intuitive Kick Down Mode’, can give an additional surge of power when required.
- The lithium-ion battery pack on this scooter has a claimed range of 95 km in Eco Mode and 85 km in Sport mode. This IP67-rated battery pack comes with a warranty of 3 years/ 50,000 km.
- The scooter comes with a home power outlet which will be installed by a Bajaj technician at the owner’s house. The battery pack is claimed to recharge from 0-25 per cent in 1 hour and 0-100 per cent in 5 hours. No fast charging solution is available as of now.
- The retro-styled 2020 Bajaj Chetak electric comes with equipment like full-LED lighting and digital instrument console. Also on offer is 1 year of free data subscription for tracking the scooter’s location, charge status and remaining range via the dedicated mobile app.