Bajaj Dominar gets fourth price hike in 2018
- The Bajaj Dominar is now dearer by a marginal Rs 1,000. However, this is the fourth time in 2018 that the bike’s price has gone up.
- The Dominar 400 arrived in early 2017 at a very competitive price tag. However, despite its lucrative price and general capabilities, it struggled to meet Bajaj’s 1,0000 units/ month sales target. Therefore, Bajaj has been steadily hiking the Dominar’s price to make up for its mediocre sales.
- On the bright side though, Bajaj is preparing to give an update to the Domiar very soon. The new model has been spied previously with upside-down forks and a new exhaust can. This update will likely launch early next year.
- The Bajaj Dominar offers absolutely the best price to performance ratio of any bike under Rs 2 lakh. It uses a KTM-sourced 373.3 cc, single-cylinder engine that generates 35 bhp of peak power and 35 Nm of torque. A 6-speed gearbox is standard, so is a slipper clutch.
- Currently, the Dominar comes in both non-ABS (Rs 1.49 lakh) and ABS (Rs 1.63 lakh) variants. However, it’s speculated that the former will be discontinued with the updated model since the ABS variant is much more popular among buyers.