Bajaj-Triumph to launch 200-750cc bikes in India by 2022
- Bajaj and Triumph have shed light on their alliance which was announced back in 2017, thereby revealing a lot more information.
- The two companies will aim to launch Triumph-branded motorcycles in India which will be manufactured by Bajaj. We should see these bikes hitting showroom by 2022.
- Interestingly, the new bikes will be between 200-750 cc and the base 200 cc could have an ex-showroom price of as low as Rs 2 lakh! Also, the bikes will wear Triumph’s ‘heritage’ names such as Bonneville.
- As a part of this alliance, Bajaj will distribute all Triumph motorcycles in India and certain other markets. Also, Triumph will sell the upcoming Bajaj-built models in global markets.
- While what type of bikes will be produced under this collaboration has not been revealed, our best guess is that we might see Bonneville-branded modern-classics and Street 750-like street fighters.