Benelli 302R, TNT 300 now cheaper by up to Rs 60,000
- Premium bike maker Benelli has announced a significant price cut on its 300 cc range. The TNT 300 is now more affordable by Rs 51,000, while fully-faired 302R gets a price drop of Rs 60,000.
- The new ex-showroom Delhi retail price of the TNT 300 and 302R is now Rs 2.99 lakh and Rs 3.10 lakh, respectively.
- Both bikes are powered by the same 300 cc, inline twin-cylinder engine that’s capable of generating 38.2 bhp @ 11,500 rpm and 26.5 Nm @ 10,000 rpm. A 6-speed gearbox comes standard with this motor.
- Later last year, Benelli’s Japanese rival Kawasaki increased the localisation level of its bread and butter Ninja 300 in India, thereby making it significantly more affordable. It’s safe to assume that Kawasaki’s move has motivated Benelli to bring down the price of its 300 cc range.
- Benelli resumed its India operations in October last year after a short hiatus because it’s previous alliance partner, DSK Group, had gone into financial troubles. Now, the company is operating under the management of Hyderabad-based Mahavir Group.