Benelli Leoncino 250 launched at Rs 2.50 lakh
- Benelli has expanded its scrambler lineup in India by launching the Leoncino 250 in the country. It has been priced at Rs 2.50 lakh (ex-showroom). At this price, it is cheaper than the Leoncino 500 by Rs 2.30 lakh.
- The Leoncino 250 looks quite similar to the 500 cc model, however, its has a different headlamp design. Then, its steel-trellis chassis, swingarm and suspension (41 mm USD and rear monoshock) are also different.
- Powering the bike is a 249 cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that generates 25.5 bhp of max power and 21 Nm of peak torque.
- In terms of braking, the Leoncino 250 uses 280 mm disc up front and a 240 mm disc at the rear. Dual-channel ABS comes standard and the bike sits on 110/70 R17 front and 150/60 R17 rear tyres.
- The Benelli Leoncino 250 will compete in India with the Honda CB300R and KTM 390 Duke. However, for a little more money, one can also take a look at the Royal Enfield 650 twins.