Bentley Bentayga Speed is world’s fastest SUV
- The new Bentley Bentayga Speed has gone official, and with a top speed of 305.7 km/h, it has displaced the Lamborghini Urus (304.9 km/h) to claim the world’s fastest SUV title.
- The Bentayga Speed uses a re-tuned version of the 6.0-litre, twin-turbo W12 petrol engine which now generates 626 bhp. The torque, though, remains 900 Nm.
- Other significant mechanical changes on this hardcore Speed model include a more aggressive Sport mode, stiffer suspension and a throatier exhaust note.
- In terms of design, the Bentayga Speed gets new 22-inch alloys, smoked finish on the grille & lights, and a new rear spoiler. On the inside, there’s an Alcantara trim option.
- It must be noted that while the Bentayga Speed trumps the Urus in terms of top speed, the latter is still faster in terms of sprint times – it does 0-100 km/h in 3.5 seconds vs the Bentayga’s 3.9 seconds.