Best flagship smartphones of 2019
Apple iPhone 11
- While we love the iPhone 11 Pro series, there is no doubt that the base iPhone 11 makes for a far better deal. It starts at Rs 64,900 (prices often goes down with cashback offers).
- The iPhone 11 features best smartphone camera performance of 2019, a great battery life, as well as the long software support which comes with iOS. Sure, its display is a bit underwhelming, and there’s no telephoto camera or bundled fast charger like the 11 Pro, but still, the iPhone 11 is the iPhone to buy right now.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ and S10e
- The Samsung S10 series makes for a better deal than the Note 10 series because its equally capable (minus the S-Pen), at a more affordable price tag.
- We particularly like both the S10+ and S10e. The former because it provides a very all-rounded smartphone experience, and the latter because having a powerful compact Android phone in 2019 is pretty rare! Keep in mind that the S10e’s battery life isn’t great though. The S10+ starts at Rs 69,900 while the S10e starts at Rs 47,990.
OnePlus 7T Pro
- While the OnePlus 7T makes for a better value for money buy, the 7T Pro makes more sense for those who need a big and vivid display with no notch or hole punch. It starts at Rs 53,999, and promises OnePlus’ reputed software support.
Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Undoubtedly the most delicate smartphone of 2019, the Galaxy Fold deserves to be on this list because it successfully previews the smartphone form factor which will dominate the upcoming decade. Also, for a first-generation product, the Galaxy Fold is surprisingly polished.
- It costs a hefty Rs 1.65 lakh, but that’s the price you pay for buying a smartphone that’s unlike anything else.
- While the Huawei P30 Pro definitely deserves a mention here for its unique 50x zoom feature, it lost popularity in the second half of this year thanks to Huawei’s troubles with USA-based companies. Therefore, it is best to not consider this phone right now if you’re in the market to buy one.