BMW 220i Gran Coupe launched at Rs 40.90 lakh
- The 2021 BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe petrol has been launched at Rs 40.90 lakh (ex-showroom). Previously, it was only offered with a diesel engine.
- The new engine in question is a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbo petrol unit which generates 190 horsepower and a peak torque of 280 Nm.
- The engine is mated to an 8-speed torque converter gearbox which feeds the power to the 220i’s front wheels. BMW claims a 0-100 sprint time of 7.1 seconds.
- As with the diesel version, the petrol 2 Series features stuff like frameless doors, BMW Live Cockpit Professional, full LED headlamps, etc. as standard.
- The 2 Series Gran Coupe is priced dangerously close to the 3 Series, which starts at Rs 42.60 lakh and is a larger car with more power and rear-wheel drive as well.