BMW 3 Series GT won’t get a successor
- BMW has confirmed that the 3 Series GT will not get a new generation model, thereby marking the end of this vehicle after the current generation model goes out of production.
- Last year, the next-gen 3 Series saloon debuted internationally and it is due to be launched in India by the middle of this year. The new 3 Series wagon for Europe has also been spied on multiple occasions and it will likely debut very soon.
- The 3 GT has not proven to be very popular in the European market. BMW also aims to simplify its portfolio by eliminating the not-so-successful derivatives, and therefore the 3 GT will not get a successor.
- On the contrary, the 3 Series GT sells reasonably well in India, and therefore, global discontinuation of the car means that BMW India will soon lose a volume bringing model.
- After the 3 GT’s discontinuation, the 6 Series GT – which was revealed in 2017 – will be the only fastback in BMW’s global lineup.