BMW 620d GT launched in India
- BMW has expanded the 6 Series Gran Turismo (GT) lineup in India with the introduction of the 620d variant. It’s priced at Rs 63.90 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that generates 187 bhp of power at 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm of torque at 1,750-2,500 rpm. An 8-speed torque converter automatic gearbox comes standard here.
- For the 620d GT, BMW claims a 0-100 km/h sprint time of 7.9 seconds. The liftback can achieve a top speed of 220 km/h.
- It’s only launched in the Luxury Line variant which comes with things like sports leather steering, fine wood interior trim, 8.8-inch digital instrument display, 10.25-inch BMW Navigation Professional infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay, etc. as standard.
- Due to its unique liftback design, the BMW 6 Series doesn’t have a direct competitor in India, and therefore, it remains in a segment of its own.