BMW 8 Series convertible spied almost undisguised
- While the flagship BMW 8 Series has already gone official in its coupe avatar, its convertible and Gran Coupe variants have also been confirmed to arrive. Now, spy photos of the convertible have surfaced online, revealing most of it.
- The upcoming 8 Series convertible seen here sports a slightly different front bumper and redesigned alloys as compared to the coupe. It is likely that the former will carry these subtle design changes as a differentiating factor.
- Of course, the car’s decklid – which houses the folding roof’s mechanism – is still camouflaged.
- It is still unclear if BMW is testing some new variant or engine option on this convertible prototype. The 8 Series coupe debuted in the M850i variant which houses a 523 bhp V8 under its hood.
- The relatively thin amount of camouflage on the spied car hints at the fact that the BMW 8 Series convertible will go official in the not too distant future. Reports suggest an early 2019 reveal.