BMW 8 Series Convertible unveiled
- The flagship BMW 8 Series has been officially revealed in its droptop avatar. It will first go on sale in Europe from March next year.
- The 8 Series Convertible’s folding roof is made of fabric and is offered in two colour options – black and Anthracite Silver. The top, which can be operated at speeds up to 50 km/h, folds and retracts in 15 seconds flat.
- There’s also a plastic wind deflector available to minimise the wind blast when the roof is down, however, it works only when the rear seats are vacant.
- Otherwise, it’s not much different from the coupe. There are two powertrain options – a 4.4-litre, twin-turbo V8 petrol that pumps out 523 bhp/ 750 Nm and a 3.0-litre, straight-6 diesel that’s rated at 315 bhp/ 680 Nm.
- The Convertible is the second body type of the 8 Series’ range. Moving on, the 4-door Gran Coupe will also be revealed expanding the flagship BMW’s appeal to a wider audience.