BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR launched in India
- BMW Motorrad has launched two new superbikes in India. The F 900 R is priced at Rs 9.90 lakh, The F 900 XR is priced at Rs 10.50-11.50 lakh (all prices are ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Both bikes share the same platform and engine, but the BMW F900 R is a streetfighter, while the F 900 XR is an adventure tourer that’s offered in two variants – Standard and Pro.
- The fuel tank on the BMW F 900 XR is 15.5-litres, while on its street sibling its 13-litres. Being an adventure tourer, the former has 170 mm of front and 172mm of rear suspension travel, while on the latter its 135 mm and 142 mm, respectively.
- Powering both bikes is new 895 cc, inline-twin engine which generates 104 bhp of power 8,750 rpm and 92 Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm. The motor is paired with a 6-speed transmission.
- On the equipment front, both bikes feature Road & Rain riding modes, traction control, 6.5-inch TFT screen, Bluetooth connectivity, and LED headlights as standard. However, the top-spec F 900 XR Pro also features cruise control, bi-directional quick-shifter and Dynamic ESA.