BMW Group India sales increase by 13% in 2018
- BMW and Mini passenger vehicles combined have found 11,105 new takes in India during the 2018 calendar year, which translates to a growth of 13 per cent year-on-year.
- Out of these, 10,405 units sold were of BMW branded vehicles. The company claims that the new 5 Series and 6 Series GT have contributed significantly to its 2018’s performance.
- Unsurprisingly, BMW’s X range of SUVs contributed up to 50 per cent of its overall sales last year with the latest X3 being the strongest seller of them all.
- Interestingly, the Mini brand’s year-on-year growth last year – at 700 units sold – was an impressive 66 per cent.
- This year, BMW’s first launch will likely be its new flagship X7 SUV. However, the brand’s most important launch will undoubtedly be the eighth-gen 3 Series saloon, which will launch towards mid-2019.