BMW M2 Competition launched
- The BMW M2 Competition has arrived in India for Rs 79.90 lakh (ex-showroom). This also marks the debut of 2 Series in India, which isn’t sold in its any other form here.
- The M2 Competition draws its mechanical force from a 3.0-litre, straight-6 turbo-petrol engine that generates 404 bhp of max power and 550 Nm of peak torque. The India-spec car gets a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
- The sports coupe can dismiss the 0-100 km/h sprint in just 4.2 seconds, while attaining a top speed of 250 km/h, which is electronically limited, by the way.
- To enhance its dynamic capabilities and save weight, the M2 sports stiffened chassis, lightweight aluminium axles, Active M differential and a carbon fibre strut brace.
- The BMW M2 Competition now serves as the stepping stone to the performance-focused M range in India. It will go head-on against the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45, Audi TT and Porsche 718 Cayman.