BMW M8 official with 616 horsepower
- The new BMW M8, which shares its powertrain with the M5 and has its chassis honed at the Nurburgring, has been revealed in both Coupe and Convertible body styles.
- Powering the car is a twin-turbo 4.4-litre V8 which generates 592 bhp of power and 750 Nm in its base form. The Competition version amps up the power output to 616 bhp, while the torque output remains the same.
- The M8’s body rigidity has been enhanced and its chassis has been tweaked resulting in better weight distribution and centre of gravity. All this has been done during the 24-month M8 race program at the Nurburgring. It also gets an M-spec tune for its electric power steering system.
- Like the M5, M8 also has an all-wheel-drive system which lets the driver choose between standard 4WD, 4WD Sport or good old rear-wheel-drive settings. BMW claims a 0-100 km/h sprint time of just 3.2 seconds for the M8 Competition Coupe and 3.3 seconds for the Competition Convertible.
- Aesthetically, the BMW M8 is differentiable for the standard 8 Series through its bespoke bumpers, abundant M badging, 20-inch M-Sport wheels, M-Sport mirror housings, rear spoiler, and quad exhaust pipes.
- The BMW M8 will enter production in July this year and will go on sale globally soon afterwards. Its India launch details remain uncertain at this point.
More car news: