BMW X7 goes official
- The BMW X7 has been revealed as the new flagship SUV from the German carmaker. It’s also the largest vehicle in BMW’s global lineup. Being the 7 Series of SUVs, the X7 packs the best of BMW’s luxury in a high-riding package.
- The design of the X7 is unmistakably BMW, however, certain elements like that bloated kidney grille is sure to divide opinion. Typical of its segment, the X7 also has an abundance of chrome accents everywhere.
- The cabin layout is in line with all the new-gen BMWs. It gets two 12.3-inch displays, three-panel panoramic sunroof, five-zone climate control system, heated & cooled cup holders, 20-speaker sound system etc. BMW also says that the X7’s third row is spacious enough to be used by adults.
- Engine lineup on the X7 will include a newly developed petrol V8 (for North America), a 6-cylinder petrol, and a pair of six-cylinder inline diesels. All engines will come mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox, whereas the xDrive all-wheel drive system (rear-biased) will be standard as well.
- The BMW X7 will go on sale in major global markets in Q2 2019. It is very certain to arrive here in India as well, most likely by the end of next year. We can expect BMW to launch the diesels and the 6-cylinder petrol engines here.