BMW X7 launched in India
- The flagship BMW X7, which is the German brand’s largest SUV to date, has been launched in India at Rs 98.90 lakh (ex-showroom) for both petrol and diesel models.
- There are two engines on offer – a 3.0-litre, straight-6 turbo petrol making 336 bhp/ 450Nm and a 3.0-litre straight-6 diesel generating 262bhp/ 620Nm. Both engines come mated to an 8-speed auto gearbox and feature xDrive as standard.
- The BMW X7 can be equipped with up to 7 seats. Notable equipment on the vehicle includes an adaptive air suspension, 12.3-inch infotainment system, digital driver’s display, 5-zone climate control, autonomous parking, Laserlight headlamps, ambient lighting, etc.
- Aesthetically, the BMW X7 has a fairly big footprint and a lot of bling thanks to numerous chrome accents and that big new grille. On the inside, it features a design theme which is inline with most modern BMWs.
- In India, the X7 is a direct rival to the Mercedes-Benz GLS which is due to be replaced with a next-gen model sometime early next year.