Brezza-based Toyota Urban Cruiser announced; launch in September
- Toyota is at it again. The Japanese company has announced the Urban Cruiser compact SUV. However, it will be nothing but a badge-engineered Maruti Vitara Brezza!
- The Urban Cruiser’s official teaser image reveals a larger Toyota-spec grille when compared to the Brezza, so there is some hope that Toyota won’t do a lazy rebadging job this time around like it did last year with the Glanza.
- A different face aside, the Brezza and Urban cruiser will otherwise look pretty indistinguishable. Reports suggest that even the alloy wheel design will be shared between the two compact SUVs.
- On the inside, the Toyota SUV will feature the familiar cabin from the Brezza, however, the former will get a lighter dual-tone bridge treatment as compared to the latter’s all-black treatment.
- When launched next month, the Toyota Urban Cruiser will be powered by – you guessed it – Maruti’s 1.5-litre petrol engine that generates 104 bhp and 138 Nm.