BS6 VW Polo, VW Vento launched with new TSI engine
- The Volkswagen Polo and Vento have received a significant addition as a part of their BS6 update. The former is priced at Rs 5.82-9.59 lakh, while the latter is priced at Rs 8.86-13.29 lakh.
- Both cars get a new 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder TSI turbo petrol engine which generates 109 bhp of max power and 175 Nm of peak torque. It can be had either with a 6-speed manual or a new 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
- Interestingly, this new engine is now the only option on the BS6 Vento. The 1.6-litre petrol, 1.2-litre TSI turbo petrol and 1.5-litre diesel options have been discontinued.
- On the BS6 Polo, the 1.5-litre diesel and 1.2-litre TSI turbo petrol have been discontinued, but the 1.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol is still available on the lower variants and it now gets a 6-speed manual gearbox instead of the previously available 5-speed option.
- Both VW cars also get a new heat-insulating glass with this update, which should be ideal during summer.