Mui reveals wood block with integrated smart display
- Japanese startup Mui has unveiled a new wood block which has a touch-sensitive LED display built into it.
- Having a minimalist design that gels quite well with most interior setups, this device has a monochrome smart display that can show weather information, messages, world time, etc.
- When Mui is not in use, it literally looks like a wooden slab attached to the wall. It can be tapped for its display to wake up and show information.
- Mui has Google Assistant built in, through which users can give it different commands. Interestingly, the wooden block can display the Assistant’s text responses if the user chooses not to hear vocal responses.
- Additionally, the device uses IFTTT to connect to various smart home devices which include Sonos, Nest, and Philips Hue.