Datsun Go, Go+ facelift launched in India
- The slow-selling Datsun Go and Datsun Go+ have been given mid-cycle updates. The Go hatchback facelift starts from Rs 3.29 lakh while the Go+ MPV facelift begins at Rs 3.83 (both ex-showroom).
- Subtle design changes are seen on both these facelifted cars. They get more aggressive front bumpers with integrated LED daytime running lights, revised grille, reprofiled headlamps and new 14-inch alloy wheels.
- However, it’s inside where the Datsun Go and Go+ get substantial upgrades. The cabin is all new and looks far more upmarket than the spartan dashboard of the pre-facelift cars. The instrument cluster has been updated as well. Datsun will now also offer a touchscreen infotainment system on higher trims.
- The 7.0-inch infotainment system has support for both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Enhancing the equipment levels of both the Go and Go+, Datsun has added electric mirror adjust and rear power windows as well. The safety kit has been substantially improved – ABS and driver airbag are standard on all variants whereas passenger airbag and rear parking sensors are also available.
- The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine remains unchanged though. It develops 68 bhp and comes solely mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.