Datsun Redigo gets better safety kit
- In order to comply with the upcoming safety norms in India, the Datsun Redigo has gotten a lot safer thanks to its new standard safety features.
- Now, all variants of the Redigo get ABS with EBD as standard. However, the driver’s side airbag is still not offered on lower variants and it continues to be reserved for the top-end one.
- Mechanically, the A-segment hatchback remains unchanged as it continues to come with 800 cc and 1.0-litre engines, where the former generates 54 bhp and the latter makes 68 bhp.
- The car also offers an Automated Manual Transmission with the bigger engine.
- Even though the Redigo is closely related to the Renault Kwid, the latter sells in much more numbers than the former. In fact, the Redigo is currently one of the slowest selling A-segment hatchbacks.