DS 7 Crossback spied in India
- For the time ever, the DS 7 Crossback has been spied testing in India with no camouflage whatsoever.
- DS is PSA Peugeot-Citroen’s luxury marque which was established in 2014. Earlier, Peugeot had officially revealed its intentions to return to India, and it looks like the company may enter the premium segment first.
- The DS 7 Crossback is a compact luxury SUV which competes with the Audi Q3, Volvo XC40, BMW X1, etc. in Europe.
- The SUV comes in a range of petrol and diesel engines with power varying from 128 bhp to 218bhp. Also offered is a plug-in hybrid variant that makes 296 bhp – this can help DS compete with Volvo, which is planning to assemble its plug-hybrid models in India very soon.
- DS is a relatively new brand and is pretty unknown in India. It remains to be seen how the market reacts to such a luxury brand in the presence of established German rivals which include Mercedes-Benz, Audi and BMW.