Dual SIM iPhone confirmed by Chinese carrier
- Through a promotional teaser on Weibo, China Telecom has more or less confirmed the existence of a dual SIM 2018 iPhone variant.
- The teaser image clearly shows the dual SIM iPhone’s SIM tray with two cards in it, thus making it first of its kind.
- Rumours suggest that dual SIM functionality will be only offered on the affordable 6.1-inch screen variant of the 2018 iPhone range. This variant is said to be called either the iPhone 9 or iPhone Xc.
- Also, reports claim that the dual SIM iPhone will remain China exclusive. However, given the popularity of dual SIM phones in India, Apple might reconsider its decision after all.
- The 2018 iPhones will debut on September 12, 2018. Three variants are expected this year – iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone 9/ Xc. The 2018 iPad Pro series is also expected to debut at the same event.