Ducati Diavel 1260 breaks cover
- Days before its public debut at the 2018 EICMA, Ducati has revealed the new Diavel 1260 and Diavel 1260 S.
- The new power cruiser from Ducati is propelled by a larger 1,262 cc, V-Twin engine with Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT). It generates 157 bhp of power at 9,500rpm and 129 Nm of torque at 7,500rpm.
- Aesthetically, the Diavel 1260 gains a fresh look while maintaining the characteristic stance of its predecessor. Features like LED headlight, TFT instrument cluster and backlit switchgear now come standard.
- The bike is based on a steel trellis frame and a single-sided swingarm. It gets USD forks up front a monoshock unit at the back, with the higher-spec 1260 S gets Ohlins units. Braking duties are handled by dual 320 mm front rotors and a single 265 mm rear disc, but again, the 1260 S gets superior Brembo M50 monobloc calipers while the base 1260 has Brembo M4.32s.
- When it comes to electronic aids, the Diavel 1260 sports cornering ABS, three riding modes, Bosch 6-axis IMU, cruise control, traction control and wheelie control. The 1260 S also borrows the Ducati Power Launch system from the XDiavel.