Eighth-gen Audi A6 spied in India
- The upcoming new Audi A6 has been seen testing in Mahabaleshwar. The spy pic (see below), which has been shared by IAB, shows that the car is wearing no camouflage whatsoever, thereby hinting at its imminent launch.
- The new Audi A6 sports an evolutionary design with a bold front fascia thanks to that new single-frame grille. The new saloon is also 7mm longer, 12mm wider and 2mm taller than its predecessor.
- Inside, it has an updated cabin with a 10.1-inch MMI system display that’s accompanied by another 8.6-inch one to control HVAC and other features. Finally, the driver gets a third 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit as well.
- In India, we can expect Audi to launch the car in 45 TFSI and 40 TDI variants. The former uses a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol that makes 241 bhp/ 370 Nm, while the latter employs a 2.0-litre diesel generating 201 bhp/ 400 Nm. Both engines come mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch auto gearbox.
- The Audi A6 is likely to be priced between Rs 52-60 lakh ex-showroom. Rivals of the luxury saloon include the BMW 5 Series, Volvo S90, Merc E-Class, Jaguar XF and Lexus ES.