Ethanol powered TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi E100 launched in India
- The new ethanol-powered Apache RTR 200 Fi E100 is priced at Rs 1.20 lakh (ex-showroom) in India.
- First showcased at last year’s Auto Expo, the E100 will initially only be sold in Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Karnataka.
- The Ethanol powered bike makes uses a 197 cc, single-cylinder engine that produces 20.7 bhp of power and 18.1 Nm, which is the same as the petrol model. In order to achieve this, TVS has likely altered the combustion ratio of the bike’s engine since ethanol produces less energy per unit volume when compared to petrol.
- Interestingly, ethanol is not sold in any fuel station in India currently, but TVS claims that it’s working with the authorities to make the fuel widely available as soon as possible. On top of that, you cannot run this bike on petrol as such.
- Ethanol powering the TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi E100 is a greener fuel than petrol. It is also biodegradable and low in toxicity.