Ferrari 488 Pista Spyder breaks cover
- The Ferrari 488 Pista Spyder has been revealed at the Monterey Car Week in California.
- Ferrari has extensively focused on weight saving engineering on the Pista Spyder through a generous use of carbon fibre and Alcantara. Even the driver’s side door handle is replaced by a simple strap!
- Powering the Ferrari 488 Pista Spyder is the familiar award-winning 3.9-litre twin-turbo V8 that makes 711 bhp and 770 Nm. It takes the car from 0-100 km/h in 2.85 seconds – which makes it even with the Pista coupe.
- The 488 Pista Spyder gets a new lateral dynamics control system along with ‘Ferrari Dynamic Enhancer’, both of which are claimed to enhance its on-the-limit dynamics.
- Also available on the Pista Spyder are the optional one piece carbon fibre wheels, which are claimed to offer a 20 per cent weight reduction over the standard forged ones.