Ferrari Portofino launched at Rs 3.50 crore
- Ferrari has finally launched its brand new ‘entry-level’ offering, the Portofino, in India starting at Rs 3.50 crore (ex-showroom).
- The Portofino replaces the California T in Ferrari’s lineup. Just like its predecessor, the Portofino is a hard-top convertible GT supercar with a 2+2 seating arrangement. Visually, it’s a stunning machine.
- Powering the Ferrari Portofino is the award-winning 3.9-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that’s good for producing 592 horsepower and 760 Nm of twist force. The engine comes mated to a 7-speed dual clutch gearbox. The Portofino can sprint from 0-100 km/h in just 3.5 seconds.
- The Portofino sits atop a new aluminium chassis that’s claimed to be 35 per cent stiffer than the one on California T. Also, the former is 80 kg lighter than the latter.
- The cabin of the Ferrari Portofino is draped in Alcantara and leather. In typical Ferrari fashion, its driver controls are attached to the steering wheel. Ferrari has also added a new wind deflector on the car that reduces airflow inside the cabin by 30 per cent when the roof is down.