Force Gurkha Xtreme launched
- Force Motors has launched the new Gurkha Xtreme in India at Rs 12.99 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The Gurkha off-roader gains the ‘Xtreme’ suffix because it is now powered by a Mercedes-sourced 2.2-litre diesel engine that generates 138 bhp and 321 Nm. This setup comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
- It must be noted that this same engine was also used on the now-discontinued Force One SUV. The engine that powers the lower-spec Gurkha Xplorer is a 2.6-litre unit which makes measly 84 bhp and 230 Nm.
- Since the Gurkha has always been a hardcore offroader, the new Xtreme is no different. It has standard 4WD and comes with front & rear locking differentials. Also standard are is a multi-link setup suspension with anti-roll bars.
- In addition to updated mechanicals, the Force Gurkha Xtreme also gets a refreshed interior with a new centre console, new gear lever and more refinements.