Fossil Sport smartwatch revealed with Snapdragon Wear 3100
- The Fossil Sport is the latest entrant in the Wear OS powered smartwatch space. Priced at $255 (Rs 18,580), it will first go on sale in the US.
- The Fossil Sport will be offered in two sizes – 41 mm and 43 mm – and a total of six colour options. The case of the watch is constructed from nylon and aluminium, whereas the straps are made up of silicone.
- It is one of the first watches to be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Wear 3100 platform that was announced recently. The newly redesigned Wear OS by Google supports Android 4.4 & above and iOS 9.3 & above. There’s a 350mAh battery powering the system.
- Other features of the Fossil Sport smartwatch include heart rate monitor, water resistance, gyroscope, NFC, GPS, accelerometer, ambient light sensor and altimeter.
- Google Assistant and Google Fit come integrated into the device thanks to WearOS. The watch also comes pre-installed with Spotify and emergency services app Noonlight.