French carmaker Citroen to enter India in 2021
- PSA Group has officially announced that it will re-enter India with its Citroen brand. The company’s debut model is slated to launch before the end of 2021.
- For those unaware, PSA Group is a French carmaker which is the parent company of many major automotive marques including Peugeot, Citroen and DS Automobiles. In 2017, PSA also bought Opel and Vauxhall from General Motors.
- PSA’s previous stint in the Indian market in the 90s wasn’t much successful. Back then, it operated the Peugeot brand in India and sold the 309 sedan.
- The company has established a facility in Hosur, Tamil Nadu for building powertrains and transmissions for India and also for supplying them to global markets.
- While not much is known about Citroen’s debut model in India, it could be the C5 Aircross (pictured above). Recently, its platform sibling – the DS 7 Crossback – was spied testing in India.