Gaming-focused MediaTek Helio G90, Helio G90T chips revealed
- MediaTek is taking the booming gaming phone segment quite seriously, and therefore, the Taiwanese company has announced the Helio G-series of SoCs which is targeted at such phones.
- The new Helio G90 and Helio G90T use an octa-core CPU clocked at up to 2.05 GHz. MediaTek has used the same ARM Cortex-A76 and A55 cores here which we find on flagship Qualcomm chipsets.
- The GPU here is a Mali G76 with speeds of up to 800 MHz. The G90 chips also have ‘HyperEngine’ tech which includes many gaming-focused enhancements.
- The standard Helio G90 supports up to 60 Hz displays, up to 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM and up to 48MP primary camera sensor with triple-camera setup on phones.
- The G90T has support for up to 90 Hz screens, up to 10GB RAM and 64MP main camera with quad-rear camera setup.
- Xiaomi has already announced that it will be very soon bringing a Helio G90T-powered smartphone to India. It remains to be seen that under what sub-brand will this new gaming phone launch.
More tech news: