Google Assistant can now book cabs
- Thanks to a new update, users of Android, iOS, Google Home or any Google Assistant-enabled smart speaker will now be able to book cab services like Ola, Uber, Lyft, Grab, among others. The entire list of ride-hailing operators has not been rolled out yet.
- Google Assistant is expected to show estimated wait times as well as prices of each operator to book your ride without accessing individual applications.
- For now, this feature will only roll out in selected countries, but later on, it will expand to other regions in a phased manner.
- This feature will be available only in English for now but it will soon roll out in other languages as well.
- Among rest of the updates, the Google Assistant has been redesigned for Android users. It now sports bigger visuals, new controls and sliders for using smart home gadgets, and an interactive messaging interface.