Google Home Hub, Pixel Stand revealed
- Expanding its smart hardware lineup, search giant Google has revealed the Pixel Stand and Home Hub alongside the much-anticipated Pixel 3/3XL and Pixel Slate.
- The Pixel Hub is a dock for the Pixel 3 phones with wireless charging capabilities. It will dock the phone in portrait alignment, thereby triggering certain special features on the device. It provides weather information, traffic updates, calendar events, alarms, album art covers of the song being played, etc when the device is docked and charging.
- The Pixel Hub can also act a as live photo frame if that’s want you like. Then, Google Assistant stays active throughout the docking time and can be accessed by saying “Hey Google”.
- Coming on to the Google Home Hub, it is a Google Home smart speaker with a 7-inch LCD display. Essentially, it’s a direct rival to the Amazon Echo Show. However, it doesn’t have a front camera, meaning you cannot make video calls on it.
- The Home Hub can manage all the smart home devices in a home, including Google’s Nest home security devices. Then, the on-board Voice Match feature can recognise different users’ voices to bring up custom content.