Google homepage gets new Discover feed
- Google has started rolling out the new Discover feed on both Android and iOS apps, as well as on its desktop site (currently only in the US).
- This feature brings relevant information like news stories, sports updates and weather forecasts on the Google homepage.
- The information shown will be based on the user’s search history and interests. Google’s algorithm is allegedly capable of predicting a user’s level of expertise on a certain topic, and then show him/her content accordingly.
- On this new feature, Google said, “We’re starting with support for English and Spanish in the US and will expand to more languages and countries soon”.
- Google has historically always kept its search homepage clean and clutter free. However, the search giant is now making changes to its philosophy so that it can predict the information users consume before they actually search for it.