Google Maps for Android now has hashtag support
- In a new update, Google Maps for Android will now let users add hashtags in their reviews in order to help others find something faster.
- Google recommends adding up to 5 hashtags per review, preferably at the end of each review (because hashtags in between a sentence are distracting).
- For instance, there’s a restaurant that has limited eating options but is situated in a place that has an amazing review. In such a case, users can add #datespot, #datenight #greatview, etc. at the end of their reviews.
- It’s worth noting that this feature is currently only open for local guides. The reason is that these hashtags must be useful and specific since Google Maps is no social networking space. So, generic hashtags like #food or #love won’t help.
- Google Maps have been steadily gaining more features to make the platform more useful. Last month, Maps added the ability for users to follow their favourite businesses.