Google revamps Wear OS
- The Wear OS, formerly Android Wear, has undergone a major redesign which focuses on improved usability and better Google Assistant integration.
- First up is the new notification menu that’s simpler and has more features. It now uses swipe gestures for easier navigation and access to shortcuts like Google Pay.
- Google Assistant on the improved Wear OS is now capable of giving you information related to your travel such as flight timings, road traffic, hotel reservations, weather updates, etc.
- Then, the Google Health app is also better integrated. It sports new ‘Heart Points’ and ‘Move Minutes’ features, which have been developed with American Heart Association and the World Health Organization.
- Google has been long rumoured to launch the Pixel Watch alongside the Pixel 3 smartphones on October 9, 2018. Such a revamp of the Wear OS indicate that the rumours might be true after all.