Google Shopping launched in India
- Google Shopping, a new interface designed to compare prices and offers of various products from different retailers, is now live for users in India.
- The Google Shopping homepage will show relevant products to users across a wide range of categories which include electronics, apparels & accessories, shoes, cosmetics, sports supplements, etc.
- Clicking on a specific product will show you a list of prices and deals from various online retailers. Google also has plans to expand this price comparison to offline stores at a later stage.
- The main Google search page on desktop and mobile now has a new ‘Shopping’ tab that joins the existing News, Images, Maps, etc. tabs. So, searching for a keyword will now also show relevant shopping results.
- Additionally, Google Lens is being integrated with Google Shopping so that a photo taken using the former can give users an option of directly buying the same/ similar product.