Google Sound Amplifier, Live Transcribe apps launched
- In order to help those who are either deaf or hard of hearing, Google has brought two new accessibility apps to Android.
- The first one is called Google Live Transcribe and it transcribes speech in real-time. The app listens to the surrounding conversation and presents it on the phone’s screen in easy to read text.
- Live Transcribe does not need an active internet connection to work. It’s available as a free app on the Play Store.
- The second new app is called Sound Amplifier and it integrates itself into the settings of Android 9.0 Pie once downloaded.
- Sound Amplifier boosts the audio output on wired headphones to make it louder and clearer. This functionality currently does not work with wireless headphones.