Google suspends Huawei’s Android license
- Following an executive order by the US President Donald Trump, Google has suspended Huawei’s Android license.
- Trump’s order is a consequence of the US-China trade war. Following this, all other American companies like Qualcomm, Intel, Broadcom, etc. have also suspended business with Huawei.
- Presently, Huawei is the world’s second largest smartphone seller and its aim to be the world’s biggest smartphone brand by 2021 will surely be hampered following this development.
- So, future phones from Huawei/ Honor will come without Google stock apps and Google Play services. Current Huawei phone users, however, will be able to continue using these services.
- As of now, current phones from the company will miss out on direct Android updates from Google. So, users will have to deal with delayed updates because Huawei will only be able to push updates once they are available on the Android Open Source Project.