Great Wall Motors confirms India entry
- China’s Great Wall Motors, which registered its Indian subsidiary in November last year, has confirmed its India entry via its official Twitter account.
- It will debut in the country at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo and will most likely display vehicles from two of its brands – Haval and Ora. For those unaware, Haval is an SUV brand while Ora makes all-electric vehicles.
- While specific names of the cars to be displayed is not known, they might be the Haval H4, H6 (MG Hector rival) and H9, as well as the Ora R1 (EV hatchback).
- The Ora R1 is an interesting little car that makes use of a 35 kWh battery with a claimed range of over 300 km. In China, it costs around Rs 6 lakh.
- It was previously reported that Great Wall Motors initially aims to invest Rs 7,000 crore in India and is looking for production sites in multiple states.