HMD Global obtains PureView trademark from Microsoft
- Nokia’s parent company HMD Global has obtained rights to the PureView trademark from Microsoft.
- This gives us the freedom to speculate that upcoming camera-focused Nokia smartphones might start reusing the PureView brand very soon.
- For those unaware, the PureView brand was used on Nokia (and Microsoft) smartphones from 2013 until HMD acquired the Finnish company. The famous Nokia Lumia 1020 with 41MP camera also used this brand.
- Nokia is already said to develop a five camera setup in collaboration with Zeiss, which might be seen on an upcoming flagship device.
- HMD Global is well known on monetise on Nokia’s nostalgic appeal. In the past, the company has already relaunched the famous 3310 and 8110 brands. Now, PureView is up next.