Honda Brio discontinued in India
- The Brio, which has been Honda’s entry-level car in India since 2011, has reportedly been discontinued due to lack of demand.
- According to PTI, Rajesh Goel, Honda Cars India Senior Vice-President and Director said, “Our entry car is now Amaze. We have stopped production of Brio and as of now, we do not intend to bring next-generation Brio into India”.
- The Brio was launched in India in 2011, with its facelifted model launching in 2016. The hatchback never became as popular as Honda would have liked. In fact, it has constantly been outsold by the brand’s more expensive Amaze and Jazz.
- Honda globally revealed the next-gen Brio last year, but as made clear by Goel, it won’t be coming to India.
- While the Brio is still listed on Honda India’s website, it will likely be taken off once dealers get rid of the remaining stock.