Honda CBR650R bookings open in India
- The Honda CBR650R, which was revealed at the 2018 EICMA as a replacement for the CBR650F, can now be booked at Honda India Wing World dealerships for Rs 15,000.
- Compared to its predecessor, the CBR650R has a revised chassis and fuel tank which make it 5.6 kg lighter than the former.
- Since it gains the sporty ‘R’ suffix now, the bike’s handlebar is 30 mm further to make the riding posture more aggressive. The inline-4 engine now features increased compression, increasing the power and torque output to 91.7 bhp and 64 Nm, respectively.
- The design of the 2019 CBR650R is inspired by the latest CBR Fireblade and looks more supersport-esque than the neutral aesthetic of the 650F.
- The CBR650F has been discontinued in India. It was sold Rs 7.37 lakh (ex-showroom). The CBR650R, with its new upgrades, will surely cost more, although it’s rumoured to remain below the Rs 8 lakh mark.