Honda CBR650R launched in India
- The Honda CBR650R, which replaces the CBR650F, has been launched in India at Rs 7.70 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The middleweight sports tourer is powered by a 649 cc, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that is capable of generating 83 bhp of max power and 60 Nm of peak torque. The bike is 5 per cent more powerful and also 5.6 kg lighter than the 650F, which should help it go faster.
- The power and torque figures on the India-spec model are lower than the global-spec version’s 92 bhp and 64 Nm. Honda claims that this de-tuning has been done to make the superbike suit Indian roads conditions better.
- In terms of equipment, the 650R comes with Showa 41 mm USD front forks, light die-cast aluminium wheels, 4-piston brake callipers with 310 mm front floating discs, 240 mm single rear disc, slipper clutch, traction control, etc.
- The Honda CBR650R takes its design inspiration from the CBR Fireblade which makes it look a lot meaner than its predecessor. It also gains a new modern instrument cluster with colour LCD display.